We value your privacy
We take your privacy very seriously and we will not share any information you give us with anyone else unless required by law. We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute the information that you share with us.
FtFtL — Finding the Freedom to Live (“FtFtL”, ”we”, ”us”) is a non-profit organization providing research, information and pastoral advice on issues of intimacy and relationship.
1. Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) via the Site and the Service. PII is any information that may be used to contact, identify or locate an individual, and includes, but is not limited to, your name and email address. FtFtL generally collects PII under the following scenarios:
- When you choose to provide us with your PII via the Site; including when you send us an email or a message, we use that information to answer your query and may store it for a reasonable time.
- We may periodically publish an email newsletter. If you provide us with your email address for the purposes of receiving FtFtL’s email newsletter, we may also email you with further information from and/or about FtFtL and related services that we believe you may find useful or interesting. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email.
- If you choose to use the Service via one of the many open standards for user authentication and access control (e.g., OpenID, OAuth, etc.) that enable you to link the Service with accounts you have already established with social networking platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and/or email platforms (e.g., Yahoo! Mail), FtFtL will collect the PII as well as other information that you have already provided to the social networking or email platform. This PII may include your name, email address, postal address, and demographic information such as age, gender and income. Although FtFtL won’t use your PII in this manner without your affirmative (“Opt-in”) consent, FtFtL may use the information collected this way to analyze the usage of the Service and/or to compile anonymous statistics. In all instances, FtFtL obtains and uses this information in accordance with the policies of the social networking or email platform.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
FtFtL also collects non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) via the Site and Service. Non-PII is information that may not, on its own, be used to identify or locate a personal or entity, and includes your IP address, browser type, and your computer’s operating system. FtFtL collects Non-PII under the following scenario:
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically collect Non-PII, including but not limited to your IP address, the number, frequency and duration of your visit to the Site and specific pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your computer’s operating system, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, and information you search for on the Site. This information is used for Site maintenance, to improve the relevance of the content that you see, and for reporting purposes.
3. Cookies and Tracking Pixels
FtFtL uses “cookies” in connection with the Site and the Service. A cookie is a small data file that the FtFtL servers transfer to your computer for record-keeping purposes. FtFtL may use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site and the Service. FtFtL may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Service. FtFtL may also use “flash cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, and to help store the non-PII we use to deliver more relevant content to you via the Site, the Service, and on other websites you may visit. FtFtL may also use web beacons or tracking pixels in connection with the Site and Service. Tracking pixels (also known as “1×1 pixels” or “clear GIFs”) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data.
4. Third Party Data Collection
FtFtL may use third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect Non-PII (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter, and certain demographic information such as age and gender) when you visit the FtFtL Site and/or use the Service(s).
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure
In addition to the data collection and use practices outlined above, we may share or otherwise disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances.
5.1. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
FtFtL may share aggregated information in order to demonstrate usage of the Service, and to generate publicity for the Service. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain PII.
5.2. Service Providers
FtFtL may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service and/or to provide services on its behalf, (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated by contract not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
5.3 Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
FtFtL cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. FtFtL will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as FtFtL, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of FtFtL or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity FtFtL may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
6. Changing or Deleting Your Information
If you’d like FtFtL to delete any PII that it has on you, please contact us.
7. Information Security
The security of your information is important to us, including but not limited to the PII collected via the Site and Service. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but is not limited to the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Storage in the European Union